Twirling Unlimited International Competition (Ohio)
July 7 @ 8:00 am - July 9 @ 5:00 pm
About Twirling Unlimited
SOURCE: Twirling Unlimited Website
- Incorporated in 1981 In August 1981 a new twirling organization was incorporated.
- Founded to address the splintering of competitive baton twirling by several small organizations
- Created to bring together the best twirlers from all organizations
- First competition held in 1979 just ahead of incorporation. Judges represented USTA, NBTA, DMA, WTA and AAU.
- Twirlers from their respective organizations compete without changing their routines or performances.
- No membership is required
- Offers an opportunity for twirlers everywhere to compete on an equal footing, a de-emphasis on penalties, positive emphasis on the quality of the performance.
Twirling Unlimited was founded by Dr. Ardath Frack (1925-2021). A memorial scholarship in her name is available through TU. Her daughter Candy Kimball continues to direct the organization, which is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit of twirling teachers and judges.